We’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 CLA Conference.
In light of the current situation with COVID-19, including recommendations from the CDC to cancel large events, and the Governor’s most recent Executive Order, we believe this is the only responsible course of action. Your health and safety are our top priority, and we believe that canceling the conference is the best option to keep our colleagues and our communities safe.
This is an unprecedented situation, so we are working to make the necessary arrangements and adjustments. We will also be meeting with next year’s conference committee to discuss plans for the 2021 Conference. Thank you to all our vendors and sponsors that continue to support us. We hope you will choose to join us again next year and will keep you updated when information on the 2021 conference becomes available. We will continue to update our Exhibitors Only website at https://exhibitsclacon.wordpress.com/. Please continue to read the following for more information regarding our next steps if you had already registered with us or booked a hotel through our code.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of this crisis, we are unable to reschedule the event. We feel the situation is too uncertain to be able to project out into May or June. We discussed moving the conference to the fall, but CLA is unable to sustain two Annual Conferences in one fiscal year.
- All speakers will be refunded for their registration fees.
- All conference attendees will be refunded their registration fees.
- All exhibitors and sponsors will be refunded.
- Everyone should expect to see their refunds by the end of March, if not sooner.
- All refunds will be issued in the same format as the original payment.
- Please note, due to our membership software, you may receive several automated emails regarding the refund— it is a multi-step process and we cannot turn off these automatic notifications. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- If you have questions regarding your refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860.346.2444.
- As of right now, we would recommend that you submit your proposals again next year for the 2021 Conference.
- If you booked as part of the CLA Room Block with the hotel, those rooms will be released and you will not be charged.
- Thanks to those of you who are individual or institutional members of CLA. Memberships, which help support CLA as an organization, will NOT be refunded.
If you have other questions, please let us know and we will do our best to answer them in a timely manner. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging and uncertain time.
2020 Conference Committee Team
Alessandra Petrino: 203.222.2651, or email@example.com
Kymberlee Powe: 860.704.2207, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chairs, Connecticut Library Association Annual Conference Exhibits Committee
For further assistance or questions not answered from our website, please contact our chairs.
2020 Exhibits Co-Chair
| CLA Conference Exhibits|
2020 Exhibits Co-Chair